Friday 6 April 2007

Another Inner World


Craig's beloved, Anne, is a painter. Her work adorns most of the walls of their flat. I love her paintings. They have an energy about them that reminds me of a language that I spoke as a child but which now rests at the very back of my mind. Faerie worlds, landscapes without barriers, stories that pour into rivers, which water strong trees which grow soft leaves that turn into tiny portals to further dimensions. A gentle curiosity dusts every surface.

One of my favourites is this one, called The Gate of the Spirits. She has a new Web site with many of her paintings and photos, which she has kindly given me permission to share:


If you look under pet portraits, you will meet their dog Loki, who I quickly befriended but then forgot to photograph.

No comments: