Thursday 6 November 2008

Podcast girl storms the castle

Well, it looks like I'm going to be a podcast host. I would like to take this opportunity to say

HOLY CRAP!!

As a non-linear thinker, the thought that I must now "follow through" with my great idea has smacked me in my bewildered face. I felt the same way when I was training for the "walk-the-walk" marathon and raising funds. There was simply no going back. I had placed myself in a position and it was step up or nothing. I have to laugh at my own idiocy.

What I hadn't realized is what a pain technology can be. For little me to do my own podcast is easy - I just use an online host and babble on about anything I want. But to do one for a business, with music clips, involves servers and bandwidth and tracking and marketing considerations, all of which is somewhat beyond me at the moment. And I'm only just learning what a new medium podcasting still is, so I'm freaking out somewhat.

DO YOU HEAR THAT? I'M FREAKING OUT!

Whoa. In the voice of a guy named Ted:
Dude.
Chill.

I'm off to bed. The weekend will bring research, writing, toying around with my Audacity software and generally trying to figure out what the hell to do next. Whew.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Look upon it as a challenge that you are more than capable of meeting - it actually sounds like it could be fun, especially the research bit.
From: Jacqui with her 'Gimps' head on :-)
x