Friday 5 June 2009

Note-worthy Friday

The sun sets over Scotland's capital as a musician practices backstage at Edinburgh Castle before showtime at last year's Edinburgh Tattoo. There are just over 2 months to go before the next one starts. Give us strength...

Great news! The first batch of postcards are starting to land. I have also discovered postcrossing.com, which has provided me with a few more addresses. But I'm only allowed to send five cards, and then have to wait for people to send cards back to me before I can send more. The road to postcard purging is proving long and arduous. Sigh.

It's the weekend. The farmers' market is tomorrow and we are in the height of strawberry season. Oh, yes.

4 comments:

Rikkij said...

we have strawberries now too! got my postcard. Thank You! Now I can sleep. ~rick

Marcheline said...

I got my postcard!!! Thank you thank you - LOVE IT! How cool, and it came the very same day that my Scottish Life magazine arrived, too - it was like Scotland squared... yeehah!

- M

Anonymous said...

i think i have a fear of sunset time. i do not deny it is beautiful, but it oftentimes makes me cry or poop.

Laura said...

I got my postcard, thank you so very much. I am a huge admirer of Anne Boleyn, so it was wonderful to see that the card you chose to send me was of her.

Still reading and loving your blog.