Saturday 6 January 2007

I see a red door


What? How does a New Year's resolution become so twisted out of shape? Beginners bellydancing -that was the plan. Down to Grassmarket and into Dancebase I wandered this afternoon, only to find out the class I wanted was full. Most of the other classes were either full or too early or too late. So, where will I be for twelve weeks starting on Wednesday evening? Learning the dances of the Balkans and Central Europe. Next time you head out onto the dance floor, I'll be right there, flinging my limbs around to the rhythms of Yugoslavia, Macedonia, Greece and Hungary. Move yourself to the Capkan Dimko.
Nevermind - it all goes toward the final goal. Which is? I don't know - I'll tell you after I've unwound myself from this colourful scarf.

Today I purchased a mortar and pestle. Now I just need something to grind. Perhaps I'll toast and then grind. Or grind and then toast.

I can't even think. First I leave my ghastly polka dot umbrella on the train, and now this. How did this happen? How did I get here? Where is my £55? Who are you? What?

1 comment:

PurestGreen said...

I don't know. I shall report back after Wednesday. I just hope there isn't a lot of jumping. If I hate it I can switch to something else, but I think I might try to stick it out. The idea of having such a vague skill appeals to me.