The lovely Janelle in Tanzinia has cyber slapped me (I was shocked) with the following list of questions. If you're not careful I will do the same to you.
1. What are your current obsessions? Learning about Web sites, html and email marketing (sounds thrilling, I know)
2. Which items from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Black trousers and a horrible polo shirt for work, but at home it’s a long black skirts and whatever comfy top I fancy.
3. What's for dinner? Bangers and mash and a big salad. Friday feast.
4. Last thing you bought? Two Seth Lakeman songs from Itunes.
5. What are you listening to? Seth Lakeman’s Freedom Fields
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? Dionysus, if he were a woman.
7. Favourite holiday spots? I loved Rome and Venice and want to go back someday. The Rockies. And of course the Highlands of Scotland.
8. Reading right now? The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I know I’m far behind the trend on this one, but I’m still enjoying it. Also Mary Oliver's New and Selected Poems.
9. 4 words to describe yourself. Curious, Sensual, insecure, emotional
10. Guilty pleasure? Curry takeaway and getting the paper on a Sunday, because I know there is no way I’m going to read even a quarter of it and it seems like such a waste. Oh and food magazines, although I think I may have overcome this impulse.
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? The manboy, the BBC’s QI, Brian Blessed doing the snooker commentary, and Bernard Black taunting the skinheads.
12. What language or languages would you love to be able to speak? Arabic, Japanese, Sign, Russian
13. Planning to travel to next? The great northern jaunt with JP - up the west coast of Scotland and down the east coast. Counting the days…
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Hot fudge sundae from S Luca
15. When did you last get tipsy? I rarely drink, but it was last year during a night out with friends. Most of the evening was spent discussing all manner of edible treats. We proudly labeled this "food porn."
16. Favourite ever film? I have a soft spot for Smoke Signals, mainly because of the character of Thomas Builds-the-fire. “Hey, Victor….what about your dad?”
17. Care to share some wisdom? I'll let Ayn Rand do it instead:
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach, check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desire can be won. it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours."
18. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be? That the desire to exercise would come naturally and wouldn’t always feel like something I have to force myself to do.
19. When was the last time you took the time for solitude? Despite living alone, I still manage to distract myself, with projects or Internet surfing. I cannot remember the last time I just…sat.
The bendy rules are thus: Answer all the questions, change one and add one. Tag 8 people. You will not be hunted down and heckled if you fail to complete this task. I won't even judge you from afar.
With mild fear of retaliation, I tag:
-Cherry Blossom Girl
Twilight Scrawls by Kirstin Maguire
3 hours ago