Saturday 25 April 2009

Free: One hardly used copy of Wordpress for Dummies

I've now managed to completely mess up my site and after trying to re-install wordpress, can't get anywhere near it. I have screwed up the connection, deleted the wrong database and now my FTP transfer thing can't talk to my web server.

Ask me if I'm going to have ice cream for my dinner. Go on. Ask me.

I just want to write the damn blog, not slog away in a land of THE STUPIDEST LANGUAGE ever invented. Bend over and I'll ram your install server right where it hurts.

So. I'm going to see if I can find a lovely free template from my beloved Blogger, and plow ahead, leaving the scraps of my first (and quite possibly last) wordpress attempt behind.

In the meantime, you can find me rummaging in the freezer. Oooh - low fat! In that case, I'll have four. You think I'm joking. Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the sticky chocolate sauce.

Dale said...

Just four?

Yes, I used to be a programmer by trade, but I rapidly decided that I'd just use blogger. Let them do the heavy lifting and the spam blocking and the template fiddling.

Except I have to get rid of one of the few things I did add on myself, the damn blogrolling.com blogroll, which now (without asking permission) sticks an ad on top of any site if you follow one of those links. Fie.

Colinus said...

Nice blog. I don't understand it all, but I like it. Just looking around for interest. Cheers.