Thursday 18 June 2009

Pretty things I have received in the post

So, some of you know about my GREAT BIG POSTCARD PROJECT. If you look at the side bar of this blog you can see that the number of cards is slowly counting down.

The best thing is that I have been treated to some great wee gifts in return! I know the whole point is to have fewer cards, but it's entirely different when it's mail that is sent to me by nice people in other places. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

First of all I have
The Emperor to thank for this lovely postcard of Sydney harbour:

Next, the queen of detail, Tammie Lee of Spirithelpers, has sent me two gorgeous cards! They are so lovely, and my first impulse is to share them. I love the idea of one blogger sending something to another blogger, who sends it to someone else. It's like connecting the cyber dots. So I have listed these two cards on my "to be sent" list and am open for requests.

How special and excellent am I to have received two "on the street" paintings from Cheryl, created during her recent trip to Seattle. I just love them and they are taking pride of place in my livingroom.

Finally, when requests for postcards started to become scarce, I turned to postcrossing. This has proved to be enormous fun and already I have received cards from Sweden, Germany, Holland and China:

That sums up my most recent adventures in the world of airmail. If you would like to receive a card, postcard, or even a letter, please take a look at the wee list and email me with what you would like. I'm at scotland4thesenses@googlemail.com

11 comments:

Renee said...

This looks like so much fun.

The painted cards are totally rockin it.

Renee xoxoxo

Marie S said...

That is because you are a light and illuminate others.
I have a surprise for you too.
Come see.
Raven vomiting Diamonds

Rikkij said...

I'loved mine. but I don't see a return address so I can send you one back. You can always email me from my site and give it to me. But I thought we were trying to thin your herd? nah! ~rick

Tammie Lee said...

What fun this exchange you are doing!
Such a great variety of beauty in the form of cards. And such a pleasant surprise that you posted the cards I sent you! I will have to read this postcard post you have going on!

xo

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad! And relived. ooof, I did feel rusty! I made another one the other day and I was tempted to mail that one to you too because I thought I was more loose in that one. Oh well, my best drawing is always the next one. And, no doubt, I truly enjoyed making those sketches. It's one of my favorite things to do and knowing it was intended for a friend made it all the more enjoyable!

LDWatkins said...

What fun to see all of these! You are fun. I want to send you a card from Paris, Texas. Where did I see your address? You could email it to me wtklnsbl@sbcglobal.net Hugs to ya

Maggie May said...

How cool! Those painted ones- esp. the first- are awesome.

Carol Anne Strange said...

What a brilliant project! I love it and it'll be fun to take part.

So great to see Cheryl's wonderful artwork too! She is such a talented lady.

Anonymous said...

i received the postcard. is it so so so wrong that i cannot right now remember what was on it? i cannot even remember what day i received it? what did it say?
um...i am so looking forward to seeing you in sept! - (not chris)

Swistle said...

OMG, I love Postcrossing. It has gotten me into SO much trouble! Not only have I received huge stacks of postcards, I also keep buying MORE postcards "to send," even though I have plenty!

Colinus said...

I am so glad you got the postcard! Look forawrd to mine on return. Its a great idea and great fun. The Seattle artowrk is most impressive. Thanks for sharing this.

Emperor C.